For Improved Glazing Safety 24/7
Glass when broken either by accident or intent, can be extremely dangerous. Standard glass is fragile and dangerous if broken. The retrofit installation of Filmtek’s FT Series Safety Grade Approved Window Film to your existing glazing will ensure your immediate compliance with Health and Safety Regulations, potential glass injuries are reduced and your duty of care met with the assurance of improved glazing safety 24/7.
- The minimum thickness considered as a safety film is 4mil (100 micron). Available as a clear safety window film, or with the addition of solar control properties, a combined Safety Solar Film.
- When fitted by Filmtek’s professional team of installers, anti-shatter safety film forms an immediate protective layer, bonding to the existing glass by way of its extremely aggressive adhesive layer.
- The addition of Filmtek’s ‘Anti-Shatter’ Safety Film to your existing glazing if broken by accident or intent, has the ability to stretch and absorb the impact without tearing ensuring the broken glass, which is now bonded to the film’s adhesive layer, may well remain in situ within the frame thereby reducing glass fragmentation and the release of lethal shards, a danger to both life and limb!
Information from ROSPA (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) regarding Glass Related Accidents confirms that every year children die following an accident with architectural glass and recommend ‘to make existing glass safer by applying shatter resistant film’.
Glazing Safety Regulation 14 and what it means to you…
Regulation 14 of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations requires that your building glazing, ‘where necessary for reasons of health and safety’, be composed of a safety material or be protected against breakage and be appropriately marked to make those safety features apparent.
- Employers have a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act to ensure, so far as reasonable practicable, the health, safety and welfare of their employees at work.
- People in control of non-domestic premises have a duty towards people who are not their employees, but use or are visiting their premises.
- People other than employers also have duties under these regulations if they have control, to any extent, of a workplace. For example building owners, facility and property/estates managers, health and safety managers and even landlords have a duty to abide by the legal requirement that glass within critical locations must not break or must be made to break safely.
The Filmtek team of risk assessors/surveyors are experts in carrying out a glazing risk assessment / audit of your building’s glazing in order to confirm your compliance with health and safety, building and DDA regulations as well as identifying any areas that may require upgrading to achieve compliance. This survey/assessment and completion of any upgrade works will provide you with an updatable record of your glazing in relation to risk, which in turn would also form part of your overall health and safety, threat and vulnerability, emergency response, business continuity risk assessment for your building and business.
IS YOUR GLAZING COMPLIANT? Unsure? Contact Filmtek and one of our team will be in touch
Your first steps to compliance:
- Initiate a full glazing audit survey to identify the types and characteristics of glass and its safety rating in critical locations. This will give you the information required to determine whether or not there is a risk of injury.
- Obtain a detailed report of work to be undertaken in order to ensure that all glazing identified as unsafe for its location is upgraded.
- Act upon areas of non-compliance and instigate a programme to regularly monitor and review the situation in order to take into account any changes in use and therefore any new potential risks.
Contact the team at Filmtek to arrange for one of our trained specialists to carry out a Health and Safety Regulation 14 Glazing Survey and Audit.
Filmtek has been called upon to carry out Glazing Survey Risk Assessment Compliance Audits and upgrade works for Schools and Universities, Facilities and Property/Building Management teams, Hotels and Leisure, Hospitals and many more. If we can help you, let us know.
If you would like us to get in touch to organise a quotation, visit site or carry out a survey; discuss a project or simply to take advantage of our expertise and get our advice?
With our head office in the UK and overseas offices in Dubai, Singapore and Australia, we are the experts to contact for your projects globally.