Filmtek has worked with Local Authorities, schools and educational establishments for many years, not only to ensure that building architectural glass and glazing meets all the necessary and required Health and Safety, Building and other Regulations without disruption or disturbance to their everyday activities but also to ensure the safety of everybody attending or visiting.
Filmtek has been working in this market sector for many years, providing:
- Glass and Glazing Risk Assessment Survey Audit to record all glazing and identify any areas of non-compliance in relation to Regulation 14 of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations.
- The supply and installation of Anti-Shatter Safety Film, applied to existing glazing as an immediate upgrade to ensure full compliance of H&S regulations.
- The supply and installation of Manifestation graphics as required by Building Regulations ‘Manifestation of Glazing’.
- The supply and installation of Solar Control and heat gain reduction window film to reduce heat through your glazing, increase thermal comfort and energy efficiency.
- The supply and installation of window film to reduce heat loss in winter.
Click here which is the latest guidance to help businesses mitigate the risk of a terror attack and limit the damage an attack might cause, confirms the following:
“Remember that glazed doors are only as strong as their weakest point, which may be the glazing.
Many injuries involving explosive devices are caused by flying glass. Glazing protection is an important casualty reduction measure. Extensive research has been carried out on the effects of blast on glass. There are technologies that minimise the shattering effect and therefore reduce the possibility of casualties. Anti-shatter film, which holds fragmented pieces of glass together, offers a relatively cheap and rapid improvement to existing glazing.”
Speaking to window film supply and installation experts, Filmtek, could prove to be the best solution of all. We are here to help.
If you would like us to get in touch to organise a quotation, visit site or carry out a survey; discuss a project or simply to take advantage of our expertise and get our advice?
With our head office in the UK and overseas offices in Dubai, Singapore and Australia, we are the experts to contact for your projects globally.