For Improved Glazing Safety 24/7
Anti shatter safety film at Filmtek reduces potential injuries from shattered glazing and fully complies with Health and Safety Regulations. Speak to our knowledgeable specialists to discuss the retrofit installation of FT Series Safety Grade Approved Window Film, today.
- Safety film minimum thickness is 4mil (100 micron). Choose a clear safety window film or solar control properties.
- Add a protective anti shatter layer that aggressively bonds to existing glazing.
- Release of lethal shards and glass fragmentation is reduced upon impact. Glass remains firmly within protective layers.
ROSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) confirms that each year children die following accidents with architectural glass. ROSPA recommends ‘make existing glass safer by applying shatter resistant film’.
Glazing Safety Regulation 14: What it Means to You
Regulation 14 of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations requires glazing to be composed of a safety material or protected against breakage accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of employers to ensure all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Act are met responsibly.
- Those managing non-domestic premises have a duty towards individuals using or visiting the building.
- Building owners, facility and property/estates managers, health and safety managers and landlords must all take responsibility in line with regulations.
Filmteks expert team can execute a glazing risk assessment and audit within your building. Compliance with health and safety, building and DDA regulations are confirmed and potential areas to upgrade identified. Upon assessment completion and any work carried out using anti shatter window film you will have an updatable record. This record covers risk, forming part of an overall health and safety, threat and vulnerability, emergency response, business continuity risk assessment for your building and business.
Is your Glazing Compliant?
- Initiate a full glazing audit & survey identifying glass types and safety ratings in critical locations. You will not have the information required in determining injury risk.
- Obtain a detailed report of work to be undertaken in order to ensure that all glazing identified as unsafe for its location is upgraded.
- Act upon areas of non-compliance and instigate a monitoring programme to identify new risks. Regularly review the situation.
Filmtek has been called upon to carry out Glazing Survey Risk Assessment Compliance Audits and upgrade works for Schools and Universities, Facilities and Property/Building Management teams, Hotels and Leisure, Hospitals and more. Discuss your options today.
If you would like us to get in touch to organise a quotation, visit site or carry out a survey; discuss a project or simply to take advantage of our expertise and get our advice?
With our head office in the UK and overseas offices in Dubai, Singapore and Australia, we are the experts to contact for your projects globally.