The Manifestation of Glazing Requirements applies to all non-dwelling buildings. It determines that all transparent glazing, with which people are likely to come into contact while moving in or about the building, shall incorporate features which make it apparent.
You can meet this requirement by including in ‘Critical Locations’ permanent means of indicating the presence of large uninterrupted areas of transparent glazing and of course, glazing manifestation solutions, here.
- Critical locations include large uninterrupted areas of transparent glazing which form, or are part of, the internal or external walls and doors of shops, showrooms, offices, factories, public or other non-domestic buildings.
- The risk of collision is greatest when two parts of the building or the building and its immediate surroundings, are at the same level but separated by transparent glazing and people may think they can walk from one part to the other.
Glazing Manifestation Methods of Permanency
The best method in meeting the above requirement is to use permanent manifestation window film. This way, windows will ALWAYS be immediately apparent. Provide glass doors and glazed screens (including glazed screens alongside a corridor) with all of the following:
- Manifestation at two levels
- Visually contrasting glazing manifestation whereby the background can be seen through the glass, from both inside and out, in all lighting conditions.
- Glazing manifestation in the form of a logo or sign. This has to be a minimum of 150mm high (repeated if on a glazed screen), or a decorative feature such as broken lines or continuous bands, a minimum of 50mm high.
- Where glazed doors are beside or part of a glazed screen, clearly mark them with a high-contrast strip at the top and on both sides.
At Filmtek we have spent numerous years helping companies make an impact with window graphics and manifestation window film. We have designed, created and installed small self-adhesive stickers to full building facades to be used by companies across the globe. From simple, etched coloured films to corporate branding we have the knowledge and expertise for custom designs to keep you safe and complement existing décor.
Tested to Meet the Standards
- EN 12600 Glass in Building Pendulum Test – Impact Test Method
- EN356 Glass in Building Security Glazing – Testing and Classification of resistance against Manual Attack
- GSA and ISO 16933 Explosion Range Test Standards
Filmtek Security window film immediately protects businesses, homes and buildings against forced-entry, burglary and opportunistic break-ins. Our manifestation glazing options form strong protective layers on glass, holding it together as opposed to easily breaking and enabling quick entry. With the addition of one of Filmtek’s edge-retention anchoring solutions, the film and anchoring combination retains broken glass to the adhesive layer and anchor to the frame. This should provide reassurance that you’ll delay an intruder, burglar and even ram raiders with their potential repeated attacks.
Whether you’re a facilities manager, building owner, security, loss or risk manager, retailer or jewellery store owner, Filmtek has the right choice of protection for you. Our specialists will assess existing glass types and frames prior to recommendations to meet your security needs and requirements. We always recommend proven and tested glazing manifestation films designed to work with existing glazing systems.
In addition to our own Filmtek FT Series Window Films, we also offer films from the major manufacturers. Each and every film id professionally installed and warranted against adhesive failure, bubbling or peeling so your building will continue to look good and be safe and security for a long time ahead.
Filmtek’s Glass Containment Window Security Film and Anchoring Systems for even further Enhanced Security and Protection
With Filmtek’s glass containment and anchoring systems, we can offer you advanced glazing safety and security immediately, assuring existing glazing is easily upgraded to provide enhanced protection 24/7. These cost-effective retrofit systems provide immediate protection safeguarding assets and limiting liability, reducing clear-up time and ensuring loss of business is kept to a minimum.
There is a Filmtek Anchoring Solution for all types of glazing structures, speak to us to find out more.
If you would like us to get in touch to organise a quotation, visit site or carry out a survey; discuss a project or simply to take advantage of our expertise and get our advice?
With our head office in the UK and overseas offices in Dubai, Singapore and Australia, we are the experts to contact for your projects globally.