Ensure your immediate compliance with Building Regulations Approved Document K ‘Manifestation of Glazing’ and DDA Regulations immediately with the help of Filmtek’s range of manifestation dots, squares and other graphics.
Manifestation of glazing requirements (This requirement applies to all non-dwelling buildings)
Transparent glazing, with which people are likely to come into contact while moving in or about the building, shall incorporate features which make it apparent.
You can meet this requirement by including in ‘Critical Locations’ permanent means of indicating the presence of large uninterrupted areas of transparent glazing.
- Critical locations include large uninterrupted areas of transparent glazing which form, or are part of, the internal or external walls and doors of shops, showrooms, offices, factories, public or other non-domestic buildings.
- The risk of collision is greatest when two parts of the building or the building and its immediate surroundings, are at the same level but separated by transparent glazing and people may think they can walk from one part to the other.
Permanent methods to indicate glazing
Use permanent manifestation to make glazing apparent
Provide glass doors and glazed screens (including glazed screens alongside a corridor) with all of the following:
- Manifestation at two levels
- Manifestation that will contrast visually with the background seen through the glass, both from inside and outside, in all lighting conditions.
- Manifestation in the form of a logo or sign, a minimum of 150mm high (repeated if on a glazed screen), or a decorative feature such as broken lines or continuous bands, a minimum of 50mm high.
- Where glazed doors are beside or part of a glazed screen, they are clearly marked with a high-contrast strip at the top and on both sides.
Filmtek has spent years helping companies make an impact through window graphics. Whether corporate branding or simply etched or coloured films, Filmtek can create custom designs that will complement any décor.
We have designed, created and installed a wide range of graphics – from small self-adhesive stickers to full building facades – to be used by companies across the globe.
If you would like help or recommendations, simply make contact or give us a call and we will gladly help you through the complete process.
Tested to meet:
- EN 12600 Glass in Building Pendulum Test – Impact Test Method
- EN356 Glass in Building Security Glazing – Testing and Classification of resistance against Manual Attack
- GSA and ISO 16933 Explosion Range Test Standards
Filmtek Security window film immediately protects your business, home and building against forced-entry burglary and opportunistic break-ins, forming a strong protective layer on your glass, holding glass together rather that it breaking and enabling quick entry. With the addition of one of Filmtek’s edge-retention anchoring solutions, the film and anchoring combination will retain the broken glass to the adhesive layer of the film and anchor to the frame, reassuring you that you will be delaying an intruder, burglar and even ram raiders with their repeated attacks, from entry.
Whether you are a facilities manager, building owner, security, loss or risk manager, retailer or jewellery store owner, Filmtek has the right choice of window film to give you the look and level of protection you want and need. Filmtek’s security film specialists will assess your glass type and frames and make the correct recommendations to meet your security needs and requirements. We always propose proven and tested films designed to work with your glass and glazing system. In addition to our own Filmtek FT Series Window Films, we also offer films from the major manufacturers. All our films are professionally installed and warranted against adhesive failure, bubbling or peeling so your building will continue to look good and be safe and security for a long time.
In the event of vandalism, riot or forced-entry burglary, broken shards of glass can spread over a large area and the clean-up costs could be expensive. The use of Filmtek security film will also greatly reduce this, ensuring your business returns back to normal in the minimum of time.
Filmtek’s Glass Containment Window Security Film and Anchoring Systems for even further Enhanced Security and Protection
With Filmtek’s glass containment and anchoring systems, we can offer you advanced glazing safety and security immediately, assuring existing glazing is easily upgraded to provide enhanced protection 24/7. These cost-effective retrofit systems provide immediate protection safeguarding assets and limiting liability, reducing clear-up time and ensuring loss of business is kept to a minimum.
There is a Filmtek Anchoring Solution for all types of glazing structures, speak to us to find out more.
If you would like us to get in touch to organise a quotation, visit site or carry out a survey; discuss a project or simply to take advantage of our expertise and get our advice?
With our head office in the UK and overseas offices in Dubai, Singapore and Australia, we are the experts to contact for your projects globally.